Home » Posts tagged 'best car battery charger'
Tag Archives: best car battery charger
An average car battery works for about 3 to 4 years or more depending on various conditions. We are so used to the car starting as soon as we turn on the ignition that at times if it does not obey us, we get frustrated and worried. If you face a problem like this, try to relax and check your car battery. Corrosion is a main problem for batteries and can make them die before their time best car battery charger.
In order to get life into your car energy box again, follow the instructions in the following points and your battery will start kicking again.
* Getting started – Several tools are required to help you get your battery back on track. If you have a tool kit in your car, some basic things like pliers, screw-drivers and wrenches are available. Other than tools you will require protective clothing, goggles and gloves. It is very essential to wear all these before you start your work near the auto battery. And the most important device you require is a auto battery charger or re-charger. If you do not have it, you can borrow it from a friend or even a car repair shop will lend it to you for some time.
* To begin with, start cleaning all possible connection s you see coming from the battery to the car. With the help of a wire brush you can remove all white powder and crystals form the terminals and cables, to clean the corrosion. Corrosion is one of the reasons for your energy box to get discharged.
* Once you have cleaned the connections, charge your dead vehicle battery with the help of the car battery charger. It is very simple to connect the charger to your cars energy box. The color coding and the signs on the car battery terminals will be able to tell you the difference between the negative and the positive terminals. In most car batteries, the red terminal indicates the positive with the sign (+) and the black terminal indicates negative with the sign (-) on the car battery.
* Once you have connected, check again to ensure it is done correctly. Now, you can turn-on your battery charger. If you follow the gauge on the car battery charger you will be able to understand how long you need to keep it connected to the car battery. Once, it is complete you can disconnect the car battery charger and turn on your car ignition. Your car will work just fine, like it did before.
* If you still face a problem, try to repeat the process again and check if it works. If it does not then take your car to a mechanic and most likely it is time to get your car a new battery.